Friday, March 26, 2010

Where I have been....well that is a long story

Wow, has it been 3 months since I posted something???? All I can say, is how do working moms do it? How do they love their families, fix the food, do the cleaning, love the sick, fix broken things, find missing things.....and do their jobs well?????

That is where I've been! You have missed hearing about school and rec. basketball. That Luke was one of the few freshmen to see playing time and received the academic award, the all around Trojan award, and one more award (I can't remember it). Nate scored an average of 20 points at each game....he really needs to go back to the rec league next year. I love the church league for the message, but Nate hangs w/ a 9th grader and 5th grader daily...he's just too good!!! And NOAH....was just the best baller on his team that lost in the semifinals of his league toury by just a few points.
Where is Hope this whole time.....being Miss Social and finding as many chances as possible to hang w/ her friends! Thank you Lord for friends!!!!

I hope to be back on a regular basis now. Work has been overwhelming lately. Teaching is a new challenge this semester. Gone are the days of coming in and teaching the body parts, color or clothes....weather, seasons or anything else that the level 1 english student needs. This semester I have read the classic short story, The Most Dangerous Game ~ along with many other freshmen level readings....not to mention all the English Grammar I never learned or paid attention to in class.
That is in addition to managing 17 BLOGS created by our EL/Civics Grant. Actually this, I am quite proud of....take a minute and check out our program. The easiest link is to just go to elcivics.waketech.edu ~ no www. or http. We made it easy so second language speakers could find it.
And in addition to that, I helped organize a FREE Statewide ESL conference to NC. It was a huge success. That was last Saturday....tonight, for the 1st time in I don't know how long, I am home on a Friday night and just hanging out w/ the family! AHHHHHH....loving it!

So, check by often and hope to share some lovely stories about my wonderful kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment