Friday, January 7, 2011

My ONE Thing....NOW!!!!!

Ok, so in my last post I shared my one thing this year and my word to remind me of it....my husband said for me to change it to NOW....easier to remember and less confusing. So, now ~ the present, either way....I want to slow down enough to live my purpose...my purpose right now; not the game I have to take kids to later or the mtg I have tomorrow ~ but focus on whatever is before me right now!
After I actually put my word into writing I started hearing and seeing things that were confirmation that is my direction and what God wants to do in me this year.
I had a little test of my new focus yesterday morning...my oldest had a bad start to the day and usually I would have been full of lectures of what he could have done to prevent the events of the morning; BUT remembering that I always regret that because once I lecture the kids go to school with a bad start and feeling like crap because Mom just doesn't understand and always nags, nags, nags.....
I focused on the present and how I wanted his day to get better and that we could talk later about what caused the problems of the morning.
YEA for me and for Luke.......this was a BIG hurdle I overcame! His day continued to be bad....but without the headache of a lecture 1st thing in the morning!
Live you life....NOW not on the to do list or the problem from yesterday or the one coming tomorrow....be present in the present so you can live your purpose, whatever it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment