Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Here I go....

Well, I am trying out this blog thing for 2 reasons: one for work, we are getting ready to use this as a tool to help our ESL sites communicate with one another and the community and I need to teach about 20 people how to use it. And second I stink at making photo albums and memory books for my kids...so this will be my place to share my thoughts and memories, my loves and heartache...the joys of being a mom.

So far it is pretty easy (blogging)... and for those of you thinking, what is your problem...let me just tell you, I have avoided learning tech stuff of so long, I feel like I am on a 1st date. Weird, I know.

So let me share my memory for today....I took my oldest to school @ 7am...while the younger 3 were still sleeping. Came home sat w/ boy #2 for a bit and loved on him...then raced to beat the hubster to the shower b/c I have class today, teaching an ESL/ABE class for the local community college. Before leaving I talk to the only girl and tell her if she can babysit the brothers w/ no big arguments, we are in for a BIG treat or significant $$$ at the end of trackout. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, they go to yr. round school and are out for 3 weeks!!! :) we are all so happy! We love our breaks, just this year no big trips b/c the BIG brother is in traditional high school.
Ok, after a great class, I go to the elementary school for a conference w/ boy # 3's teacher. She taught boy # 2 and begins our mtg by saying how much she enjoyed #2....but could not believe that she enjoyed the next as much and in a different way....she is overwhelmed at #3's compassion and kindness....and his hardworking and great behavior. This mom did her best to not cry b/c the thing is, I knew she would have these great things to say. I am so blessed and sit back and know it is the LORD b/c I have so messed up w/mothering in different ways at different times, it hurts to remember!! :(
So for what it's worth ~ I don't understand why the kids are always worst when we're around or why it takes almost an hour to get boy #3 to do math hmwk but @ school he is the smartest boy in class....but I am thankful ~ thankful for the seeds I have planted, that my husband has planted are solid, in the ground and growing!
The LORD is gracious and merciful;
Slow to anger and great in lovingkindness.
The LORD is good to all, and
His mercies are over all His works.
All Thy works shall give thanks to Thee, O LORD,
And Thy godly ones shall bless Thee.
They shall speak of the glory of Thy Kingdom,
And talk of Thy power;
To make known Your mighty acts,
And the glory of the majesty of Thy Kingdom.
Psalm 145:8-12

1 comment: