Friday, September 18, 2009

What are we best at?????

A quick post of a memory I want to keep....

An ongoing frustration my daughter has about son #2 is that we/I continue to say "you're so sweet and nice". An example: from the time he was old enough to have conversation he has been a giver and thoughtful of others....if he found out a brother/sister/friend wanted something he would say,"I'll ask for that for you for my birthday." Sometimes when his Dad gives out allowances..."here Mom, you can have it."
So last week the kids were having a conversation around the table and the sister was complaining that brother #2 is soooo mean. Brother #1 asked, he is the nicest right?
Well, I couldn't compliment one without doing all so I said, "he is really the one I know usually thinks of others, BUT, daughter, you're really good at getting things done...you're the taskmaster, and son #1...you never complain, you're the peacemaker." My youngest, son #3, says, "what about me???"...He's the talker, but is sad when we tell him to stop talking so, I say, "if I ever want to talk, I know I can count on you to talk to! :)"

This is probably just special to me...but then again, that is what this blog is for, my memories...I hope you enjoy them!

1 comment:

  1. OH ...I tell abbie that all the time....she talks continually...and she wants your attention and a response....I do think you will enjoy this .....

    ReplyDelete