Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Inspiration

Well, I had some alone time with the oldest boy today...He is 14 and had to go to the Dr. We went to the weekend office, 25 min. away. So this opened the door for some interesting conversation. It was a similar day this summer that we had another interesting conversation. When you have several kids, alone time that doesn't get interrupted by settling a fight or cooking dinner or taking someone to practice somewhere...well they either have to be planned or ordained by God.
This summer we were out getting him a few things to start High School with and he starting asking me questions like; why aren't more people christians? why aren't many movie stars and athletes christians? Some good questions to ponder...and we talked about choice and how material things having such a strong place in society and that when you reach that place of importance you kinda feel like you don't need God to come in and help you or save you...
The 1st question was harder than the 2nd, and the truth is I don't know why there arent more christians; we did talk about maybe there are more christians but some just don't either act like it or don't speak about it. Really opened the door to talk about living out our witness in little things like serving others and living as Christ in the here and now. I thought about this again this morning @ church. We sang a song that said "I would go to the ends of the earth for you Lord" and I cried b/c that is true, I am one of those people that could do anything where the people don't know me, but get me in a room of co-workers or neighbors and not so much.
I was sad and prayed Lord move me to live my life out loud. I pray my kids would live for God, their God, not their mom & dad's God, but the ONE TRUE GOD that has become alive and real to them...live out loud and strong.
If you have kids...cherish these times to do more than go somewhere or do something, listen to them and talk to them...before you know it you'll blink and they will be big and busy and think they know everything.
So, here's to my oldest...I love time with you and sad it doesn't happen more. I am sorry we were too busy having babies and caring for toddlers to ever sign you up for little league. I am sorry I usually go to you last to see if you need something. You rarely ask for anything...but FOOD of course, and I can't wait to see what you grow into. You were and are a great blessing...a little boy who grew up too fast and started liking sports and grown-up stuff too soon. Make your life count!
"I chose you before I formed you in the womb; I set you apart before you were born." Jeremiah 1:5

2 comments:

  1. I love it - sounds really good. You should keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...so you made me cry!!!...

    ReplyDelete