Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Daughter

Well, This is a big week for work. I do my training to help us create these blogs for each of our ESL sites. (Just occurred to me, some of you may not know what ESL is-English as a Second Language). I teach Adults to speak english. I don't have to know their language...right now I teach a very high level...a low form of GED. So thanks to this personal blog...I have an idea of what I will be doing @ work. And thanks to work for forcing me to do something I have wanted to do for a while.

BUT back to my daughter...She is the perfect thing to talk about and put off work that I need to be doing.

First, I still remember the day she was born. The moment I could hold her, I thought, "my very own little girl". I never had a sister and not even very many "girl" cousins. So, I had been waiting for this day a long time. Anywho...thus started my life w/ a girl. She is 12 now and actually we are doing just fine, TODAY. Ask me tomorrow and it may be different. My husband, dear DAD that he is....says we(my daughter and I) can fuss about anything. But these days I think we are doing better.

Last year this time I took her to a Mother/Daughter conference, You and Your Girl. It is a ministry of Vicki Courtney. It was a one day conference that we loved. Something special just for her. She has 3 brothers and often has to go around watching/waiting @ their sporting events...blah, blah, blah. I liked it so much I wished there was another conference local this year and we would go back!:)

She has been awesome helping out the last 2 weeks with some things so I wanted to take her out shopping yesterday. At the last minute she decided to go do something w/ the youth group @ church...but when I said I would go later w/ her...she had a true attitude of thankfulness and surprise. Like it was a shock mom would wait on her.
She is my fireball...the "strong-willed" of my 4. But I will be honest...I find if I check my attitude, it makes all the difference in how we interact. Those of you with little ones, I tell you even @ 2yrs.old they are learning how to behave from you.
I am following Beth Moore's blog and she has challenged us to memorize 2 personal Bible verses a month. This was my verse a few months ago...it has rocked my "MOM" world.

James 3:17,18
"But the wisdom that come from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness."


I don't know about you, but I want to raise a harvest of righteousness...so I pray I would sow in peace and have this wisdom from above. It has changed my relationship with my dramatic, beautiful, special little girl that is growing up before my very eyes. I love her and am so proud of her! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment